June Floral Print Motif Workshop

I adore teaching through online design school Make it in Design but it really is an extra treat when I get to host an in-person workshop! I tend to only run around 4-5 a year due to other work commitments but it is such a joyful thing to call ‘work’.

I’m always blessed with a truly gorgeous, talented group of creatives too! I purposely only accept 8 maximum on these classes so it feels more intimate & relaxed & I find folks can connect more that way.

I was also lucky enough to be able to use blooms that I’d taken (with permission) from Arley Hall & Gardens (where I volunteer once a week – you can read more about my plant adventures here on the blog or follow me on @plantgirliris). About 90% of the blooms & foliage you see below came from the gorgeous Arley gardens & the other 10% was from my own garden & I had so much fun styling them up for the class!

If you’d like to find out more about the workshop from a participants perspective then you can check out Claire Ingram’s blog for on her experience of the day. Below is a little extract:

“At the end of the day, I had created heaps of floral motifs to scan and edit and work up into patterns on Illustrator. But most importantly, I came away inspired, energised and filled with faith, that yep, I could do it too. When you’re creating work and putting yourself on the line, it’s all too easy for self doubt to creep in, you think ‘you’re not good enough’’, ‘not talented enough’ , ‘too many other people out there already’ and these moments of crisis in confidence can become crippling. But Rachael instilled some wisdom: to make my work unique, and made me feel that there is space out there for everyone, as long as you’re creating from your own authentic voice.”

If you would love to take part you can find out more about the next workshop date below:

Floral Print Motif Workshop

Date: Saturday 29th June

Location: Stockport, Reloved Works

In my workshops I not only take you through my drawing & design process but I also give you insight into working with the design industry & provide you with my much sought after industry contacts.

There will be lots of flowers, delicious treats & a wonderful creative atmosphere of like-minded people.

Read our detailed brochure to find out more or book your tickets via the studio shop.